A dedicated hosting service, dedicated server, or managed hosting service is a type of Internet hosting in which the client leases an entire server not shared with anyone else. This is more flexible than shared hosting, as organizations have full control over the server(s), including choice of operating system, hardware, etc. There is also another level of dedicated or managed hosting commonly referred to as complex managed hosting. Complex Managed Hosting applies to both physical dedicated servers, Hybrid server and virtual servers, with many companies choosing a hybrid (combination of physical and virtual) hosting solution.
There are many similarities between standard and complex managed hosting but the key difference is the level of administrative and engineering support that the customer pays for – owing to both the increased size and complexity of the infrastructure deployment.
All Dedicated Servers Also Include:
3-5 Dedicated IPv4 IPs
Full Root Access
24/7/365 Live Support
What does Dedicated Server provide?
Dedicated server hosting providers may provide the following types of server managed support:
- Fully managed – Includes monitoring, software updates, reboots, security patches and operating system upgrades. Customers are completely hands-off.
- Managed – Includes medium level of management, monitoring, updates, and a limited amount of support. Customers may perform specific tasks.
- Self-managed – Includes regular monitoring and some maintenance. Customers provide most operations and tasks on dedicated server.
- Unmanaged – Little to no involvement from service provider. Customers provide all maintenance, upgrades, patches, and security.
You can transform your business to a revenue-producing asset that lets you work as much or as little as you want.
Strategic plan development
- As the only customer on a dedicated server, you have the full system resources directly at your disposal
- With both HDD and SSD hard drive options available, our flexible server configurations make it easy for you to choose what’s best for your website
- Data center level DDOS protection and an IP-based firewall keep your server safe and performing optimally
- 24/7/365 server monitoring and technical support via telephone, live chat, and email ticket system
- All servers are hosted in a US-based, Tier 3 data center
- The HostGator online support portal boasts over 500 video tutorials and nearly 700 easily-searchable articles
- cPanel and WHM are provided on all Linux servers for powerful management of both hosting-specific functions and overall server configuration
- Windows servers include the Plesk control panel and WebMatrix to quickly and easily create and manage your websites
- For any support issues, our team is available to assist you, 24/7/365