Cloud hosting services provide hosting on virtual servers which pull their computing resource from extensive underlying networks of physical web servers.
Generally, clients can tap into their service as much as they need to, depending on their requirements at any stage. This can result in cost savings as they only have to pay for what they use, and because they can access it at any time, they don’t need to pay for additional capacity.
Cloud offerings can maximize profits and streamline workloads. But IBM Cloud is not just any cloud. The IBM Cloud server catalog has powerful options to meet many application requirements and budgets.
You can transform your business to a revenue-producing asset that lets you work as much or as little as you want.
- Most examples of cloud hosting involve the use of public cloud models; hosting on virtual servers that pull resource from a pool of other publicly available virtual servers
- The same public networks are used to transmit their data; data which is physically stored on the underlying shared servers which form the cloud resource
- These public clouds will include some security measure to ensure that data is kept private, and would suffice for most installations
- Experience up to 2X faster load times due to low-density servers, premium hardware, and multiple caching layers
- Your website content is managed more efficiently, enabling dynamic content requests to be processed lightening-fast
- Cloud hosting turbocharges your website!
- Ramp up your cloud resources as your online presence grows. One simple click is all you needâno data migrations, downtime or reboots
- We’ve raised the bar on server allocation and management in the cloud!
- Rest easy knowing that you can respond to those large traffic spikes without any service interruption
- Effortlessly understand your site’s performance via an intuitive dashboard
- Simple yet useful dashboard tools provide a quick view of usage trends, page download speed, uptime, global reach, and more
- With instant resource management, you no longer need to rely on a system admin or advanced coding knowledge to maintain your cloud-hosted site
Rather than being hosted on one single instance of a physical server, hosting is delivered on a virtual partition which draws its resource, such as disk space, from an extensive network of underlying physical servers.
The underlying physical servers are still housed within data centers and so benefit from the security measures that those facilities implement to prevent people accessing or disrupting them on-site.
A resource is available in real time on demand and not limited to the physical constraints/capacity of one server.
UTILITY STYLE COSTING
The client only pays for what they actually use. The resource is available for spikes in demand but there is no wasted capacity remaining unused when demand is lower.
RESPONSIVE LOAD BALANCING
Load balancing is software based and can, therefore, be instantly scalable to respond to changing demands.